Little Knights News
Happy New Year! It is hard to believe that we are half way through our academic school year! The children are growing and blossoming in so many ways.
As we look forward to the new year, we have a lot of fun and exciting events planned.
Here are some important dates to remember during the month of January and February:
- January 17th – Lou Walsh will present “How to Afford a Catholic Education.” This presentation is an excellent opportunity for our growing families to learn how it is possible to afford a lifetime of Catholic education.
- January 21st – Assumption ECLC is CLOSED in observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- January 26th — Dynamic Catholic Event – Find Your Greatness with Dr. Allen Hunt: Tickets for the upcoming Dynamic Catholic event are on sale now. The event is Saturday, January 26th from 6:00-10:00 and the cost is $25 per person. You can find out more about this event and buy tickets by clicking here.
- Catholic Schools Week: Faith in Action – Hope for the Future.
- Jelly Collection – Assumption will be collecting plastic jars of jelly to be donated to Catholic Charities. Last year together ACS and the ECLC collected over 600 jars of jelly. We are excited to exceed last year’s total! Our donations help Catholic Charities stock their pantry so they can help families in need all year long. You can bring in plastic jars of jelly anytime during the month of January. Please drop off the plastic jars in your child’s classroom.
- January 27th – “A Parish of HOPE.” We will kick off catholic schools week with the celebration of mass Sunday January 27th 10:00AM. We encourage all ECLC families to attend and would love to see our PK3/PK4 students wear their uniforms to mass. The Assumption Men’s Club will host a pancake breakfast after mass. Tickets can be purchase after mass.
- January 28th – “Faith and Hope.” The ECLC’s Silent Auction will begin. Each classroom is assembling some amazing baskets for this year’s Silent Auction. The Silent Auction will continue until Friday, February 2nd. Our students will work with their big kid buddies to write thank you notes to the Sisters for all of their service and dedication to our school. We will also create get well cards for Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
- January 29th – “Students full of HOPE.” We will be collecting $1 donations for Catholic Charities. PK3 and PK4 students may wear non-uniform attire with their $1 donation. Students PK1 and up will be provided a pizza and cookie lunch courtesy of HSA.
- January 30th – “Hope in Vocations.” The ECLC will be participating in the diocese wide open house 9-1. We are looking for PK3 and PK4 parents who have a neat and interesting job they would love to share with our PK3 and PK4 students. Please email me if you are interested in sharing your profession. (Kspears@assumptionjax.org)
- January 31st – “A Community of Hope.” Our ECLC will participate in “Pray it Forward.” Each class will pray for and create a prayer card for another Catholic School across the country.
- February 1st – “Grandparents full of HOPE for our Future.” We will have our annual Grandparents Day on Friday, February 1st. PK3 through first grade will do a special performance for our grandparents starting at 10:30AM. The doors to Jordan Hall will open at 10:00AM. Coffee and refreshments will follow in the courtyard and in the child’s classroom. We will have Bruce Lay taking pictures of our little students with their grandparents in the court yard.
- February 1st — Re-enrollment: We are finalizing our program offerings and rates for the upcoming school year. We will launch online re-enrollment on Friday, February 1st. Re-enrollment will continue until February 15th. Please be sure to re-enroll in a timely manner to ensure your child’s spot for next year at the ECLC. If you are a PK4 family looking to enroll in Kindergarten at ACS, please call 398-1774 or email the Director of Admissions, Jen Soulby at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Information about ACS registration and enrollment will be sent home via email and your child’s folder.
- February 23rd – Gala: Assumption’s annual Gala will be February 23rd. Our Gala is a very fun event we encourage all families to attend. It is a great “Parents Night Out.” This year’s theme is “Mardi Gras.” Click here to read more about the Gala and here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
As always, we are so very thankful for your families choosing Assumption as your child’s preschool and early childhood learning center. Our Assumption Catholic community is growing and flourishing because of our wonderful children and families. We value each child and family as a member of our school. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. We are always looking opportunities for our program to continue to grow. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date will all of the events and happenings within the Assumption Community.
Director, Assumption ECLC
Assumption c/o ‘99
“The Assumption Catholic Community, united in the Eucharist, provides a challenging academic education where living a Christ-centered life comes first.”
Founded in Christ, the Assumption Early Childhood Learning Center creates a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children beginning at infancy. The teachers and staff care for and value each child, as a gift from God, and entirely promote their physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth. In partnership with families, children leave Assumption with the skills that provide them with a seamless transition into kindergarten. Each child develops a sense of confidence, autonomy, self-discipline, respect, and love of God and neighbor.