Little Knights News
Happy almost St. Patrick’s Day! The last few weeks have been very busy around the Assumption Early Learning Center. We had an amazing Catholic School’s Week and Silent Auction! Our Silent Auction raised almost $2,000!! We are so excited to use these funds to purchase the Frog Street Curriculum for our infants, toddlers, PK1 and PK2 classes! The order has been placed and we are anxiously awaiting its arrival!
New and Returning Teachers
We are very happy to welcome back Katie Nelms. Ms. Katie worked at Assumption ECLC last year in the afternoons. Her college schedule has allowed her to take on a floating teacher position. Please be sure to welcome Ms. Katie back to the Assumption family!
We are extremely excited to announce that Rebecca Ramscar, has accepted the lead PK1 teacher position. Ms. Becca was born and raised in England. She has lived in the states for over 20 years. Ms. Becca worked for six years at Smitty’s Daycare as a PK2 teacher, prior to starting her own home center that she ran for 12 years. Ms. Becca has completed her Protecting God’s Children course through the diocese and we are anxiously awaiting the clearance of her diocese fingerprints. Please give Ms. Becca a wonderful welcome to the Assumption community.
Parking Lot Updates
Assumption has received the survey data needed to wrap up the permitting with the Jacksonville Water Commission and the City of Jacksonville. We will need to change and expand the structure of our retention pond to be able to hold the excess drainage once the parking lot is installed. I have been told that this project will be started during summer and will be complete by next school year.
The 2019-2020 re-enrollment has closed! We are so excited to see so many of our students returning next year! If you have a child on the wait list for 2019-2020, here is how the open enrollment process will work.
- Offer letters will be emailed and phone calls will be made to families offering their child a spot in our program.
- The families will have 7 calendar days to complete registration.
- If on the 8th day the family does not complete registration, we will go to the next family on our wait list.
We know lots of families are anxiously awaiting a spot for their child in our program. We want to touch base with our families as soon as possible to confirm they have been accepted or let them know that they will have to remain on the wait list.
If your child is enrolling in VPK, you will need to obtain your child’s VPK certificate from the Early Learning Coalition of Jacksonville. Here is the link: http://www.elcduval.org/voluntary-pre-k/. Once you receive your child’s VPK certificate, be sure verify all the information is correct, sign the certificate and return it to the front office.
Upcoming Calendar Dates
- March 18th and March 22nd – ECLC Closed for Green Families.
- Child care is available. Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/ItCiIH56EMxuPD3n2
- No school lunch Café Jordan is closed
- March 25th – ACS is closed. ECLC is open for all families
- No school lunch Café Jordan is closed
- April 2nd and April 3rd – ACS and ECLC Florida Catholic Conference Accreditation visit
- April 15th and April 16th – Spring Pictures
- April 18th – ECLC is Closed for Green Families in observance of Holy Thursday.
- Child care is available. Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/WQciJMVreePwgOxh2
- April 19th – ECLC is Closed for Good Friday
- April 22nd through April 26th Easter Camp
- Flyers will be sent home soon!
- Register now: https://goo.gl/forms/nCcbUVY4AT0Vh6VU2
- May 8th– May Crowning
- May 9th – Muffins with Mom Infants, Toddlers, PK1, PK2 and PK3
- May 10th – PK4 Fairy Tale Ball
- May 11th Last Day of VPK only
- May 27th – ECLC Closed Memorial Day
- May 29th – Last Day of Preschool
- May 30th and May 31st – Child care available
- June 3rd – Summer Camp Begins
We are so very thankful for all of our families choosing Assumption as your children’s preschool and early childhood learning center. Our Assumption Catholic community is growing and flourishing because of our wonderful children and families. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date will all of the events and happenings within the Assumption Community.
Director, Assumption ECLC
Assumption c/o ‘99
“The Assumption Catholic Community, united in the Eucharist, provides a challenging academic education where living a Christ-centered life comes first.”
Founded in Christ, the Assumption Early Childhood Learning Center creates a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children beginning at infancy. The teachers and staff care for and value each child, as a gift from God, and entirely promote their physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth. In partnership with families, children leave Assumption with the skills that provide them with a seamless transition into kindergarten. Each child develops a sense of confidence, autonomy, self-discipline, respect, and love of God and neighbor.