Little Knights News –
COVID-19 Update 4/3/2020
I hope you are all staying healthy! We miss you all and your families very much!
As you may know, Mayor Curry issued an order this week for all non-essential businesses in Duval County to close, effective today, 4/3/2020. Assumption Early Childhood Learning Center has been deemed essential as we provide childcare for several essential members of our community. In the Safer at Home Executive Order, Mayor Curry has provided guidance for childcare centers.
Below is the outlined guidance, please note that not much has changed from our current COVID-19 procedures:
Childcare facilities providing services that enable employees exempted in this order to work as permitted. To the extent possible, childcare facilities should operate under the following mandatory conditions:
- Childcare must be carried out in stable groups of 10 or fewer (inclusive of childcare providers for the group).
- Children and child care providers shall not change from one group to another.
- If more than one group of children is cared for at one facility, each group shall be in a separate room. Groups shall not mix or interact with each other.
As a result of the addition to mandate number 3, we will need to know as close to accurate attendance to ensure we are following the guidelines. We are asking that all families please complete the attendance survey: https://forms.gle/2vyaLNnveXTERyga9
If there is a change, and you will need to bring your child to school, please contact the ECLC as soon as possible.
With the guidance of our DCF counselor; we will begin testing the temperatures of all children and parents at drop off and pick up. Please understand that if your child, you, or any member in your household has been ill. The child is not to attend school.
In an effort to keep our facility open, and to meet the needs of the majority of our families, it is necessary for us to make a change in Assumption ECLC’s hours of operation. Beginning Monday, April 6th, our new hours of operation will be 7:00AM to 3:30PM.
We hope all of you are staying healthy and enjoying a little extra family time. As we prepare to enter into Holy Week next week, please take some extra to time to pray for all of those who have been effected by this pandemic. We are all in this together, it is a very tough and challenging time. I will continue to pray for each and every one of you and your families.
Mark your Calendar for these Upcoming Events
- April 10th- GOOD FRIDAY CLOSED
- April 12th – Easter Sunday
- April 16th and 17th – Spring Pictures CANCELED
COVID-19 Update 3/20/2020
We want to thank you so much for all of your support and appreciation this week. This has been a very crazy and busy week all around. We know how hard it can be to be a working family the added stress of the crisis has not made that job any easier. We have had a lot of frequently asked questions, I hope to be able to address them all!
- We are working very hard to continue with our deep cleaning efforts to maintain a safe space for your children. We want you to know your children’s safety is our upmost concern. We will be closing all next week at 5:30PM to continue with our deep cleaning procedures.
- We also have been given the recommendation from the CDC and the Early Learning Coalition of Duval to limit classrooms sizes to 10 individuals in a room. This will help us with “social distancing” with young children.
- The diocese has also recommended a change in our illness policy. All children under 12 months of age will stay the same, fever free without medication for 24 hours. All children 12 months and up, must be fever free for 3 days without medication. OR a doctor’s note clearing them to return to school.
- Tuition collect is vital to our program as it helps maintain our facility and pay our staff. Please click here to see the letter from the Diocese of St. Augustine regarding frequently asked question about tuition.
We are trying our best to ensure that our facility is safe for your children. This is uncharted times, and we appreciate all that you are doing to help and support us. I have heard from many of you regarding next week (3/23 to 3/27). If you have not or your plans have changed, please be sure to complete this survey: https://forms.gle/QGkJ4H3ykru2PohL8
We are all in this together! We are so lucky to be in Florida, with beautiful weather, on the first day of spring! We hope you enjoy this extra time with your family. Have a great and blessed weekend. Stay safe and healthy!
Child Development Tidbit
We all know the importance of sleep but do you know how much sleep your young child actually needs? Do you know that there are multiple health, behavioral and learning disorders that are associated with lack of sleep? Click here to learn more about young children and sleep.
Thank you for entrusting your child with us here at Assumption ECLC. If you have any questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.
“The Assumption Catholic Community, united in the Eucharist, provides a challenging academic education where living a Christ-centered life comes first.”
Founded in Christ, the Assumption Early Childhood Learning Center creates a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children beginning at infancy. The teachers and staff care for and value each child, as a gift from God, and entirely promote their physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth. In partnership with families, children leave Assumption with the skills that provide them with a seamless transition into kindergarten. Each child develops a sense of confidence, autonomy, self-discipline, respect, and love of God and neighbor.